The E-Sylum v17#28 July 6, 2014

The E-Sylum esylum at binhost.com
Sun Jul 6 18:51:18 PDT 2014

The E-Sylum

  An electronic publication of
  The Numismatic Bibliomania Society

Volume 17, Number 28, July 6, 2014
**
WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM JULY 6, 2014
<#a01>
**
PRINTSASIA NUMISMATIC BOOK CATALOG
<#a02>
**
NEW BOOK: KALIGHAT HOARD
<#a03>
**
NEW BOOK: COINS FROM BANGLADESH
<#a04>
**
HARDCOVER NEWMAN SALE IV AVAILABLE
<#a05>
**
BOOK REVIEW: MORGAN DOLLAR
<#a06>
**
BOOK REVIEW: PANIC SCRIP OF 1893, 1907 AND 1914
<#a07>
**
IAPN 2014 GENERAL ASSEMBLY HELD IN MONACO
<#a08>
**
NOTES FROM E-SYLUM READERS: JULY 6, 2014
<#a09>
**
WHAT IS THAT ON THE TURKISH COIN?
<#a10>
**
MORE DEBATE ON LOOTING AND COLLECTING
<#a11>
**
HOW MANY ANCIENT COINS ARE FAKES?
<#a12>
**
MORE ON SIBERIAN MINT MARKS
<#a13>
**
1755 DRURY LANE THEATRE ROYAL PASS
<#a14>
**
THE NEW HAMPSHIRE FEMALE CENT INSTITUTION
<#a15>
**
MORE ON 1863 CSA INGOTS
<#a16>
**
SLACKING AT WORK, MAKING COUNTERFEITS
<#a17>
**
THE NUMISMATIC CONTRIBUTIONS OF BOB EVANS
<#a18>
**
A. CHARLES GIES, NUMISMATIST
<#a19>
**
DIGITIZE YOUR BOOKS FOR $1 EACH
<#a20>
**
NLG NEWSLETTER GOING ALL-DIGITAL
<#a21>
**
STACK'S BOWERS TO OFFER GARRETT 1804 DOLLAR
<#a22>
**
1865 EGYPTIAN SUEZ CANAL WORKERS TOKEN
<#a23>
**
RUSSIA TO ISSUE CRIMEA BANKNOTE
<#a24>
**
NUMISMATICS AT BURG CASTLE
<#a25>
**
BEP ANNOUNCES CURRENCY READER FOR THE BLIND
<#a26>
**
LEUVER ON CURRENCY READERS FOR THE BLIND
<#a27>
**
ACADEMY SUES OVER AUCTIONED OSCAR
<#a28>
**
LAUNDERING MARIJUANA MONEY WITH FEBREZE
<#a29>
**
A STUDENT OF TIPPING STRATEGY
<#a30>
**
BOOKBENCHES INVADE LONDON
<#a31>
**
FEATURED WEB PAGE: COIN CABINET OF THE ROYAL LIBRARY OF BELGIUM
<#a32>

Click here to read this issue on the web

Click here to access the complete archive

To comment or submit articles, reply to
whomren at gmail.com

WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM JULY 6, 2014

Our new subscribers this week include
Heather Schena,
Lance Casagrande and
F. Loomis.
Welcome aboard!
We have 1,739 email subscribers.

VACATION TIME!   I'll be travelling with my family for a summer vacation starting Friday.  Next week's E-Sylum issue (July 13) will be abbreviated and we likely won't publish on July 20.   Meanwhile, continue enjoying numismatics as usual.

This week we open with a numismatic book catalog from PrintAsia, two new books (and one great catalog), plus two book reviews.
Other topics include  the AIPN General Assembly, ancient coins in the marketplace, theatre tokens, Bob Evans, Charlie Gies, and numismatic at Burg castle.

To learn more about the Kalighat hoard, the Little Free Library, the King Croesus Hippocampus brooch, the micropalenotologist and the immunopharmacologist, and laundering marijuana money with Febreze, read on.   Have a great week, everyone!

Wayne Homren
Editor, The E-Sylum

The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. For more information please
see our web site at
http://www.coinbooks.org/.

There is a membership application available on the web site
at this address:
http://www.coinbooks.org/club_nbs_member_app.html

To join, print the application and return it with your check
to the address printed on the application. Membership is only
$15 to addresses in the U.S., $20 for First Class mail, and
$25 elsewhere.  For those without web access, write to:

David M. Sundman, Secretary/Treasurer
Numismatic Bibliomania Society,
P. O. Box 82 Littleton, NH 03561

For Asylum mailing address changes and other membership
questions, contact David at this email address:
dsundman at LittletonCoin.com

To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, just
address: whomren at coinlibrary.com

Those wishing to become new E-Sylum subscribers
(or wishing to Unsubscribe) can go to the following web page:

All past E-Sylum issues are archived on the NBS web site at this address:
http://www.coinbooks.org/club_nbs_esylum_archive.html

Issues from September 2002 to date are also archived at this address:
http://my.binhost.com/pipermail/esylum