The E-Sylum v26n12 March 19, 2023

The E-Sylum esylum at binhost.com
Sun Mar 19 19:21:41 PDT 2023

The E-Sylum

  An electronic publication of
  The Numismatic Bibliomania Society

Volume 26, Number 12, March 19, 2023
** WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM MARCH 19, 2023 <#a01>
** NBS BIBLIOTALK PODCAST WITH AKIO LIS <#a02>
** NEW BOOK: THE MEXICAN PATTERN COIN CUARTILLAS <#a03>
** NEW BOOK: MEXICAN COIN PATTERNS OF THE 20TH CENTURY <#a04>
** NEW BOOK: PAPER MONEY OF LUXEMBOURG <#a05>
** BOOK REVIEW: THE HISTORY OF CHINESE CURRENCY <#a06>
** APP REVIEW: COINSNAP <#a07>
** NEW ORLEANS MINT RESTORATION ON NNP <#a08>
** VIDEO: CHINA MINT LONG BEACH PANDA-MONIUM <#a09>
** AMERICAN MEDALLIC ART BOOK SERIES PLANNED <#a10>
** 2022 ANA CLUB PUBLICATIONS COMPETITION <#a11>
** 2023 COLLIER PRIZE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED <#a12>
** IAPN STATEMENT ON FALSE PROVENANCES <#a13>
** MORE ON OVERPRINTED MINT BAGS <#a14>
** MORE ON PROFESSOR JACKSON <#a15>
** NOTES FROM E-SYLUM READERS: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a16>
** PCGS REDEFINES CONFEDERATION-ERA COPPER COINS  <#a17>
** UPDATE ON THE MORRIS 1792 SILVER CENTER CENT <#a18>
** VOCABULARY TERM: MODEL <#a19>
** HELEN MANCHESTER GATES (1868-1950) <#a20>
** CHICAGO COIN CLUB 1250TH MEETING <#a21>
** ATLAS NUMISMATICS SELECTIONS: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a22>
** NUMISMAGRAM MEDAL SELECTIONS: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a23>
** MORE MARTIN COLLECTION PART III HIGHLIGHTS <#a24>
** STEPHEN ALBUM INTERNET AUCTION 19 <#a25>
** GOON COLLECTION OF BRITISH MALAYAN BANKNOTES <#a26>
** NUMISMATIC NUGGETS: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a27>
** WAYNE'S NUMISMATIC DIARY: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a28>
** COIN WITH OLDEST DEPICTION OF TEMPLE MENORAH <#a29>
** VIKING GOLD BRACTEATE OF ODIN <#a30>
** NETHERLANDS DETECTORIST UNEARTHS COIN HOARD <#a31>
** MEDAL OF HONOR MUSEUM TO EXPAND <#a32>
** LOOSE CHANGE: MARCH 19, 2023 <#a33>
** CASPAR WISTAR'S ODD COLLECTION <#a34>
** FEATURED WEBSITE: TOKEN CORRESPONDING SOCIETY <#a35>

Click here to read this issue on the web

Click here to read the thin version on the web

Click here to subscribe

Click here to access the complete archive

To comment or submit articles, reply to whomren at gmail.com

Content presented in The E-Sylum  is not necessarily researched or independently fact-checked, and views expressed do not necessarily represent those of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society.

WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM MARCH 19, 2023

New subscribers this week include:
Dan Runze, courtesy of Pete Smith;
and
Pablo Luna Herrera.
Welcome aboard!

This week we open with a new podcast, three new books, two reviews,
updates from the Newman Numismatic Portal, the ANA, ANS, IAPN and more.

Other topics this week include Mexican patterns, Luxenbourg paper money, Chinese currency, the New Orleans Mint, the China Mint, the Chicago Coin Club, fixed price and auction offerings, my numismatic diary, coin finds, and the Medal of Honor museum.

To learn more about the ANA Library,  CoinSnap, Laura Gardin Fraser's medals, the Collier Prize in Ancient Numismatics, Seigfried Otto,
the Waitangi Crown, the New Yorke in America token, the Albany Church Penny, British Malayan banknotes, Codfish notes, dies and stolen relics, read on. Have a great week, everyone!

Wayne Homren
Editor, The E-Sylum

Image of the week

The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. For more information please
see our web site at
http://www.coinbooks.org/.

There is a membership application available on the web site
at this address:
http://www.coinbooks.org/club_nbs_member_app.html

To join, print the application and return it with your check
to the address printed on the application. Membership is only
$15 to addresses in the U.S., $20 for First Class mail, and
$25 elsewhere.  For those without web access, write to:

David M. Sundman, Secretary/Treasurer
Numismatic Bibliomania Society,
P. O. Box 82 Littleton, NH 03561

For Asylum mailing address changes and other membership
questions, contact David at this email address:
dsundman at LittletonCoin.com

To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, just
address: whomren at gmail.com <!-- at coinlibrary.com-->

Those wishing to become new E-Sylum subscribers
(or wishing to Unsubscribe) can go to the following web page:

All past E-Sylum issues are archived on the NBS web site at this address:
http://www.coinbooks.org/club_nbs_esylum_archive.html

Issues from September 2002 to date are also archived at this address:
http://my.binhost.com/pipermail/esylum